Saturday, May 17, 2008

POSTING, ON A SATURDAY????

I know, I usually try to stay away from my office/computer on the weekends, but I just couldn't help posting some recipes. Because, yum.

You know those meals, the ones where everyone dishes up what they want, and then after you have eaten your portion, you just kind of keep picking more out of the dish? Tonight was one of those meals.

Clearly, the gorgeous weather has affected our taste buds too. And when you eat outside, everything tastes better. And it was late for us, 7 pm, so we were starving. So take all of that into consideration if you make this and say, "What the heck was she going on and on about?"

So I had a pork tenderloin (if you read me, you will know it was because it was on sale at Kortes-if you don't, now you know anyway). And some broccoli. Because unlike most children, Charlie LOVES broccoli. And so do I. And Mike tolerates it, as he has learned he needs to eat green vegetables.

Okay, here are the recipes I found while whipping through my cookbook library while eating a turkey sandwich outside taking a break from washing windows (totally run on sentence, one of the joys of blogging.)

Since I can't find a link to it, I have to type it, dang. It's from Rachael Ray's 365 No Repeats cookbook (go buy it!):

Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
2 1/4 lbs. pork tenderloin
zest and juice of 2 lemons
1/2 tbsp. pepper
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stripped and fine chop
2 Tbsp olive oil
coarse salt
Mix up everything but the pork, rub it on and over and around the pork. Grill it at 500 degrees until it hits 160 degrees internal temp, let it sit for a few minutes, then slice and serve.

And to go along, since Mike & Charlie needed some carbs before riding all day Saturday:
Ina Garten's Broccoli and Bow Ties (thank you God there is a link):
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_24673,00.html

And a nice bottle of wine, and you are good. The perfect Friday-evening-it-is-finally-going-to-be-warm kind of meal.

Happy dining.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I am glad you are starting Charlie off young with the wine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails