Wednesday, May 28, 2008

he's still got it

For my birthday, my guys took me to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Such fun! Mike and I have always enjoyed those movies, and we own all of them on DVD. Mike even suggested that we name Charlie Indiana when he was born. Seriously. We started introducing them to Charlie a few months ago, figuring he was old enough to deal with the violence and gore they do have, and to get him ready for the long awaited fourth movie.

It had all of the elements we loved in the others: suspense, non-stop action, a feisty female (I love Karen Allen), a nasty villian (Cate Blanchett was great), crazy stunts, amazing scenery, rolicking adventure, a mystery, and of course, Harrison Ford. The main reason I watch the Indy movies. Golly gee whiz he is darn attractive. How come men just get more good looking, the older they get? Calista is one lucky little girl. And I mean that in lots of ways.

We don't go out to the movies very often, case in point: tickets, drinks, popcorn to share, $50. That is money we are only willing to pay when a movie is worth seeing on the big screen. Which this one was. Otherwise, Netflix is the way to go for our family. And if you haven't tried it yet, I urge you to do so. Finally watched "juno" last night. It was okay, but glad I didn't pay to see it on the big screen.

So it was a great family outing, and a wonderful way to spend my birthday. And Charlie even dressed for the occasion:

hmmm, he would make a fine archeologist...all he needs is a whip...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails