Monday, May 12, 2008

can we have more than one?

I love Mother's Day.

I wouldn't have said that 12, or 13, or 14, or 15, years ago, when we were trying so hard to have a baby, and I was just another woman. Mother's Day used to be a reminder of what a failure I was.

But many years later, it's all good. Proof that you should never give up on a dream. Or change the dream a little.

TOP TEN REASON WHY MOTHER'S DAY ROCKED:

1. Charlie woke me up and gave me a big hug-normally, the whole waking me up thing would have made me a little cranky.

2. Mike brewed some freshly ground Pinon coffee from New Mexico. I love him.

3. Charlie made breakfast, Mike was his sous chef. Cheesy scrambled eggs, sausage, toast. They even set the table. It was REALLY good.

4. "What do you want to do today? You decide". DId I tell you that I really like my husband?

5. Farmer's Market, and all of those flowers.

6. Pastry and a latte at Nina's coffee shop, and a browse through Common Grounds bookstore.

7. A delightful drive to Wisconsin: Prescott, River Falls, Hudson. It just makes sense. And the adorable flower shop I found on Vine Street was a serendipitous find.

8. Planting gorgeous flowers in window boxes.

9. Eating a yummy steak dinner that my guys prepared, complete with strawberry shortcake for dessert.

10. Kissing my sweet boy good night, and thanking him for the most wonderful present. I will be using the back rub coupon soon.

Okay, I know I already have 10 things, but there are more. Can I just say that I love having a whole day where I don't think about doing the laundry, or cleaning the kitchen, or vacuuming, or sorting the recycling, or doing the bookkeeping? Or figuring out what to have for dinner, or if the homework is done? (Okay Amy, I did think about the homework...)

Can I lobby for a bill that we have Mother's Day twice a year? I am thinking that by October we would be more than ready. dang. The legislature has to adjourn in a week, and they still have to figure out that pesky budget situation. Maybe next year...

1 comment:

  1. What a completely perfect day! I know my day is coming in about 5 years too! Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails