Monday, April 28, 2008

looking back

My favorite month is just days away, and I am not even going to talk about the fact that it was snowing as I walked Charlie to the bus stop.

This post is inspired by something I read in MORE magazine-for those of you who aren't familiar with it, it is a publication aimed at women over 40. And since some of my dear friends will be hitting that milestone this year, let me just tell you it is a wonderful magazine, and I probably get more out of that issue every month than all of my other magazines combined. It is not just about hot flashes and wrinkles. Not to say that I started reading it the minute I turned 40, it took a little while to adjust to that age, and to be proud of it. Remember, 50 is the new 30.

Things I Wish I Could Have Told My Twenty Year Old Self:

1. 125 pounds is not fat, and you do not need to go on a diet.

2. Going blonde with Sun-In will not suit you, at all.

3. Your nine year old little sister will become your best friend, help her through life.

4. Don't wear tube tops in public.

5. When you get your first big job, and they offer a company match for retirement, sign up for the maximum you can, right away.

6. Do not keep a balance on your credit cards.

7. Mike really does want to spend the rest of his life with you, it will just take him a few more years to commit. And it will be so worth the wait.

8. Your mom knows way more than you think she does.

9. Some of the close friends you have now will not be the same friends you have 5, 10, or even 20 years from now. And that is okay. You need different friends for every stage of your life.

10. Don't give up on your dreams, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails