Wednesday, April 2, 2008

crockpot day

Everything seems a little off this week, what with the giant snow, and spring break. Finally got it together to figure out something for dinner, I find my crockpot rescuing me on days like this!

Here is what I am making, it is a new recipe, so I will review it tomorrow to let you know whether it is worth making or not. In the interest of time, and the fact that I am lazy, I had to find a recipe that didn't require me to pre-cook the ribs before throwing them in the pot.

Saucy BBQ Ribs (from the Southern Living Slow Cooker Cookbook)

4 lbs. country style ribs, trimmed
2 tsp salt, divided
1 md onion, chopped
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 c apple butter
1 c ketchup
1/2 c lemon juice
1/2 c orange juice
1 Tbsp steak sauce ( I used A1)
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
Cut ribs apart, sprinkle with 1 tsp of the salt. Mix together rest of ingredients, pour half in crockpot. Place ribs on top of sauce, pour rest of sauce over. Cook on HIGH 6-7 hours.

What could be easier than that?

I am going to serve them with some crunchy fresh green beans and garlic mashed potatoes, maybe some biscuits if I feel ambitious later on today. Charlie picked a recipe out of Martha Stewart's new cookie cookbook (which I HIGHLY recommend, if I haven't done so already)-Chocolate Malt Sandwiches. I just may have to whip those up later today. mmmmm

Quite obviously, I would rather be baking than working...

1 comment:

  1. WOW - sounds yummy...but I find the stuff in the bottle is even easier...wink, wink! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails