Friday, April 4, 2008

food passion

Thanks to a kind friend for taking me to see Lynn Rosetto Kasper last night at the Fitzgerald Theater ! I have always loved listening to her program on MPR (when I remember to turn it on). I love her voice, and her passion for food. Clearly everyone there last night felt the same way.
She had excerpts from previous radio shows, including an interview with Julia Child. Jane and Michael Stern were here guests, as they are on her radio show. So delightful!
My husband would never be called a "foodie", in any sense of the word. While he appreciates a nice meal, he would never get too excited about it. As he loves to say "I eat to live, I don't live to eat." How very sad for him.
My dear Charlie, on the other hand, has been groomed to be a foodie from his first bite of solid food. I have taught him to appreciate not only the taste, but the textures, and the joy of preparing food. He has been a willing apprentice.
Posted by Picasa
Who knows, perhaps someday he will be a famous chef, and will lovingly thank his mother for her love and support in the kitchen while accepting his James Beard award for Top Chef.
A mother can dream....
(my apologies for the stilted appearance of this blog today, for some reason things are wonky and it won't let me correct it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails