Wednesday, April 16, 2008

another foible

Since I left corporate America to stay home with Charlie, and then start our own corporation, it has become very important to change how things look inside the house. On a seasonal basis. Since my home is my office is the place I spend the majority of my life.

So it's time for spring! Here is a not very great shot of the living room (where is that good photo light, Mike?):
I switched out the upholstered chairs for some wicker, made new curtains (hey, is that SUNLIGHT coming through those windows?) put a different rug on the floor, changed out my lamps, and made new pillow covers. Hello spring!

Here is a close up of the new doo dads on the fireplace mantel, I found these little metal birds at Bibelot, they remind me of the sparrows that build a nest in the clematis over Charlie's bedroom window every year, and try to build a nest under our air conditioner in our bedroom. The fun bowls are from Patina-love the colors!This is a glimpse of changes in the dining room, I love having so many surfaces to play with. The block lights are from Ikea, I put new papers on them probably 6 times a year. Now, I will admit, that is just a little weird. But hey, it is just one of my things...along with decorating with fresh fruit.More dining room stuff, here is that groovy 1920's buffet I picked up at Gypsy Moon, all decked out with the fresh herbs I have going so that by the time they get planted in the herb garden they will be good to go. Love how the mirrors reflect everything.

This is a close-up of the telephone nook in our dining room, again with the birds and fruit! I love the saying on the clay tile (If you can't read it, it says "Life is not measured byt the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.") A handly little reminder, now and then. I picked it up at a wonderful pottery place near Hayward, Wisconsin.And clearly Claude likes the change, you can find him in a wicker chair most mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails