Thursday, March 13, 2008

livin' in the cities

I already am in trouble for not posting yet today. Sorry! I had just enough time this morning to take a shower and read the paper, or take a shower and do a post. I chose the newspaper, as I really felt the need to do my daily sudoku. So now you know where my priorities are.

I have mentioned before that I often feel guilty (well, that's another WHOLE issue) about living in 'the cities' and not doing more of the things that we can, just because we live here. Today I got to help chaperone a field trip to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. If you have never been there, GO the next time you are here. On a field trip, you are with a docent, and are whisked from room to room so quickly so that they can fit in everything they want to show you that you really don't get a chance to stop, and look, and absorb what is in front of you. Not that I'm complaining, it was actually good that they do it that way, because then it just makes you want to go back for more.

There is something for absolutely every one in your family to enjoy. Delicate pottery, incredible sculptures, master works of art. It is huge, and peaceful, and overwhelming, and inspiring. And the most amazing part? IT'S FREEEEEEEE.

I am already planning to go and spend a whole day, taking my time, and really seeing what is there. And since looking at beauty is kind of tiring, there is of course a lovely little cafe. And in the summer, beautiful outdoor spaces as well.

Sometimes we just need a little reminder of the wonders that are in our own backyard. Thanks to Charlie's teacher for letting me tag along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails