Wednesday, May 12, 2010

recipe box Wednesday

We are currently receiving our weather payback for our above and beyond, beautiful early spring weather in March and April.

Yesterday it tried really hard to get over 45 degrees, last Tuesday it was 79.  All of my enormous perennials are looking at me as I walk by, asking me what the heck is going on.  I tried to explain Minnesota Weather Karma, but they just bowed their leaves and sighed.

Everything really tender is in the garage.  I am covering the tomatoes and green peppers with plastic storage boxes at night.  And keeping my fingers crossed.  Mike and I helped Charlie and his classmates work on their rain garden at school on Saturday morning-in the intermittent rain and sleet.

The weather motivates my cooking immensely.  So as I was sitting working away on my computer yesterday, a giant lightning bolt struck me and I knew it was time for Ina Garten's Chicken Stew with Biscuits.

I knew I had blogged about it before, and ironically I found my post on April 29th of 2008.  It sounds like I was influenced the same way-a cold dreary day after signs of spring.  So the pictures are a repeat-I am sure you won't mind.

This recipe can be found in the Barefoot Contessa's "Family Style" cookbook, or if you have the recipe collection I made it is listed under Poultry and I called it 'Decadent Chicken Pot Pie'.  Or here is the link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-stew-with-biscuits-recipe/index.html

And since the weather was influencing me yesterday, I whipped up a blueberry/strawberry crisp for dessert.

3 comments:

  1. I think I will make this today. First I need to go grocery shopping as the can of beans, can of tomato soup, soggy carrots and the italian salad dressing in my kitchen won't make this taste very good.
    xoxo,t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, that looks SO yummy! I will have to try it someday. Yesterday I made your idea of Quick Chick and Noodle (Rachael Ray) for the first time because Derrick has a major head cold. That was good! Tonight, we had make your own pizzas... oh how we love those. Thanks for all your fun ideas. Your crisp also sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, two words...yum - yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails