Friday, May 21, 2010

coffee cup 'wisdom'


First I must share this picture of Claude with you, he is 19 now, and certainly knows how to live (or shall I say, reign).  He remains healthy (three different meds twice a day help that) and sleeps about 23 hours a day.  Not a bad life.  And his humble servants are always at his beck and call.

I stopped in at Caribou Coffee this week, a special treat while we waited for Charlie to get in for a hair cut.  They have new takeout cups, with bits of wisdom.  I share some of that with you today:

Learn to say thank you in ten languages.  (personally, I think it would be great if people just remembered to say thank you at all!)

Be the first to apologize.  (easier pontificated than lived...)

Marshmallows have no nutritional value, and that's okay. (totally agree with that one!)

You'll only be your current age once.  ( I prefer not to discuss age this weekend...)

Don't wait for New Year's to make a resolution.  (Great, I rarely keep the ones I make in January, what are the chances I will adapt ones I make in May?)

Get your hands dirty.  (like that one, I find gardening to be inexpensive therapy.)

Be the ruler of your own life.  Now that one really resonates, I head out today to do just that.  Clearly Claude is already living it!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe your cat is 19 years old! I don't like resolutions either. Totally agree, gardening is therapy for the soul. Have a fan-tab-u-lous weekend with Heather Jo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails