Tuesday, June 17, 2008

what's important

Today I am writing my 113th blog post of the year.

Seriously, I do not write this blog for anyone, but myself. I have never, in my 46 years of life, been able to keep up with a diary, or a journal, or whatever we wish to call it, for more than a couple of weeks in January. But for some reason, this medium has given me the push to document my life.

I would encourage all of you, who are looking to document this thing that we do every day, and that we want someone to remember someday, to start a blog. You can do it right here, on blogspot. It is really easy, and very freeing. And you can write something once a day, or once a month. You can keep it private, and send it to selected people, or let the whole world see it. It is entirely up to you.

I have found a new sense of myself with this whole blogging deal. Because when I don't post, people check in with me to see if I'm okay. And how great is that?

And now when I send my friends a birthday card, rather than writing a long letter, and filling them in on all of the details on my life that they may have missed, I simply say, "Hey, have you checked out my blog? Because it is like living next door to me."

I don't have a 'mommy blog' or a 'work-from-home blog', or a 'frustrated bookkeeper blog' (hey, that's not a bad idea....) I just talk about my life. And things that I feel like sharing.

So if you are thinking that might be something you want to do, give it a try. It is far cheaper than therapy.

And no, I will not be earning any incentives for sending you folks into blog world...

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady - you got me started on this, yet another addiction. I love you for it..and yes, I am one that worries when you don't post daily. Sorry to stalk you and all. Do I comment too much...does that bug you? I don't mean to creep you out ya know. I happen to like friendly stalkers. Hey, am I still talking? Geesh, see this is what happens when you start blogging...you just start typing and can't stop and then dinner gets delayed cuz you need to edit more photos for tomorrows post, and then you stay up at night writing notes to yourself on future blogs..and before you know it, you are blog-a-reffic..and pretty soon you will have a blog-i-versary..and then...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails