Thursday, January 28, 2010

my favorite canvas

What's on your fridge?


Mine is covered with family pictures we received over the holidays, Charlie's lunch menu, party invites, and our weekly calendar.  And vintage winter photos, and summer photos of dirt bikes riding through the woods so the guys can have something to dream about.

Our fridge is my favorite place to display what is going on in our lives.  We may be one of the few families left in the world that doesn't have a stainless steel fridge, I just feel they are so cold looking.  You may have noticed I prefer warmer tones.  But wait, what is that on the top of the fridge? 

A little find that I came across in Country Living magazine, and I scooted on out to Pier 1 to pick them up.  China measuring cups. 

When we were looking for a house eighteen years ago, and we first walked in to this one, the fridge was the first thing I saw when we walked in.  It gave me a glimpse into the life of the people who owned it at the time.  I saw smiling, happy faces, and it made me feel like it was a place I could be happy in.  Just from seeing their refrigerator.

So it's kind of like carrying on a tradition, I think of it every time I put something on the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! You are so cute (good thing your blog is titled Oh Fer Cute because you totally ARE). My fridge looks a lot like your fridge (although yours is tidier than mine). I love the measuring cups. Way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fridge. My is steel and cold and full of *^%^*&(*)*(&(& fingerprints. ugh.
    xoxo,t

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails