Monday, March 23, 2009

rainy days and Mondays

Didn't feel like posting until I could drag myself out of the funk I woke up in this morning.

Piles of laundry to be done, piles of work on my desk. My mom and sis are gone, the fun is over. Raining, raining, windy, and cold. No coworkers to distract me, or make me laugh with their jokes. I just wanted to pull the covers over my head, put the heating pad on my sore spine, and go back to dreamland.

Okay, pulled myself together. Lit some candles, put on some happy music, brewed another pot of coffee. The laundry is started, the work is getting there. Added a pic of my mom and sis to my desktop to remind me of laughing together. Started a pot of chili to warm our tummies on this cold day.

Some days just feel like a dead end. And it is hard to know which other direction to take to get to where you want to go. But eventually, you figure it out, and move forward (after retracing your steps, for just a short way).

At least I have a warm cat. At least I don't live in the Red River Valley and have to spend the day sand bagging (feeling for you Beth!) At least all of my family is healthy (my thoughts are with you, Tracy). At least I have a roof over my head, and happy people in my life. So now that my pity party is over, I can move forward.

At least it isn't snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails