Monday, March 16, 2009

finally

In Minnesota, there are many things you long for.

The sight of real green grass, peeking through the mud and sludge of winter snow.

A gentle breeze caressing your face as you open the door in the morning to pick up the newspaper.

Brilliant blue skies, as you drink that first cup of coffee.

In March, this is what you want to see. Dripping icicles.You almost want the roof to leak, as you know it is a sure sign that the winter snows are melting, and soon the lock winter has had on us will be over.

I know it isn't officially spring until this Friday, but after the lovely temps of the weekend I cannot help but be hopeful.

I know, it was below zero just a few days ago, but I am a glass-is-half-full kind of girl.

I know, we often get snow in April.

But for today, let me just smile and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails