Saturday, July 25, 2009

save it for later

"Lyrics as Blog Titles Week" ends with this, from the English Beat.

And it refers to preserving the fruits of summer, clearly not the original intention of the song.
Blueberries, raspberries, cherries and strawberries are in abundance right now, whether you pick them up at the grocery store, or go to a farm and pick your own. (Which I hope to do when we get back from vacation, I have a favorite blueberry farm in Maiden Rock, Wisconsin that has been calling out to me to come and visit.)
They are easy to freeze, so you can enjoy them in January and remember what summer tastes like. Simply place them on a cookie sheet, in a single layer, and throw them in the freezer until they are frozen, then toss them in a ziploc, label with the amount, if you wish, and the date, and toss them back in the freezer! Don't wash them until you are ready to use them, and obviously pick out the yucky ones before you freeze them.
On another note, Congratulations to Jed and Tracy on the arrival of their beautiful daughter number three, Miss Astrid Michelle. She arrived at 12:22 p.m.on Thursday, and weighed in at 6 lbs. 11 0z., 20" long. (rest assured I plan to post baby pics once I have them) I spent yesterday afternoon at the hospital, and she slept sweetly in my arms the entire time. Tracy asked if I would like to take her home with me, as that was the most she had slept since arriving in the world.

Does anything smell better than a fresh new baby? My insides ached. Charlie quit smelling like a sweet little baby a really long time ago.
On still another note, Tracy borrowed me her dandy little Canon Elph to take on our trip, so I can test it out and see if it is the model I want. I love our giant Canon camera, it takes great pics, but now and then you just want a small little model to tuck in your pocket. I played with it a bit this morning, look at these fabulous shots! And I did these completely on auto, so imagine what I can do when I play with the settings.

Charlie is off competing in an enduro this afternoon, Mike has his race tomorrow afternoon, and Monday a.m. we head out to the Black Hills of South Dakota. I will be wired up, so I hope to post from the road, and tell you the story of our journey, along with photograhic evidence of all the fun we plan to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails