Monday, February 2, 2009

did he see it?

His shadow? Will we have 8 more weeks of winter?

It was FORTY SIX degrees here on Saturday. It has not been that warm since November 3rd. People were driving in their shirtsleeves with the windows rolled down. We here in Minnesota get positively GIDDY when it gets above freezing.

Waiting to buy my Springsteen tickets this morning. Loved the half time show. Hard to fit all that is Bruce and the E Street Band into 12 minutes, but for those who have never experienced his live show, it was a nice little taste. Can you believe the man will turn 60 this fall? This will be my sixth concert of his, provided we can get good seats.
Springsteen has always been a big part of mine and Mike's relationship, Mike has been a huge fan since the very beginning, and I eagerly jumped on board the Springsteen bandwagon. "The River" was the soundtrack to our early years, and my first concert with Mike, seeing Bruce, was just pure magic.

His new CD kind of brings things full circle, I love the song "Kingdom of Days":
With you I don't hear the minutes ticking by
I don't feel the hours as they fly
I don't see the summer as it wanes
Just a subtle change of light upon your face


All great relationships need a good soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails