Friday, February 20, 2009

jungleland

No, I am not going to talk about my favorite Bruce Springsteen song, OF ALL TIME. (Don't even get me going on Clarence's saxophone solo.)Today, I bring you to the tropics:Feel the humidity as it penetrates the dry layer of Minnesota skin you have been building up all winter.Smell the orchids, hear the birds flitter from tree branch to tree top. Sit on a bench, close your eyes, and pretend you are sitting in a lush rainforest.Pick a sunny piece of citrus, and bite into it's juicy goodness.You can hear a waterfall dancing in the distance, where the koi play.And as you head back to reality, take one last whiff of the scent of warmness.
We may go above the freezing mark by Monday...and spring IS coming. Lookie what I spied on my way to the car on Tuesday:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails