Monday, November 24, 2008

busy busy busy

We are all busy. But not too busy that we can't whip up some homemade Cranberry Sauce for Thursday's festivities!

SPICED CRANBERRY SAUCE
1 bag (12 oz.) fresh cranberries
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. good red wine (I like to use zinfandel)
1/4 tsp. cardamom
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger

Place all ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, then simmer until the cranberries pop and the sauce thickens. I like to throw in some orange zest, and if I am feeling like I really have a lot of time, I dice up some red pear and throw in as well. If it starts to get too gooey, just splash in some more wine. Delish!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wine in cranberry sauce...now why didn't I ever think of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails