Wednesday, February 22, 2012

recipe box Wednesday

In keeping with the spirit of Mardi Gras, last night Charlie helped me whip up a little Jambalaya.


Okay, a LOT of Jambalaya, but I like to have leftovers.

I found this recipe on-line, and we loved it:  Jambalya with Shrimp and Andouille Sausage 


http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/jambalaya-with-shrimp-andouille-sausage-10000001041904/

Fair warning, it is REALLY spicy, which all three of us love.  But if you don't like as much heat, you will want to reduce the hot pepper sauce.  But perhaps Charlie put in more than the recipe called for, he was in charge of the seasonings, and I wouldn't put it past him to add extra.  He uses Tabasco on everything!

I doubled the entire recipe, as when I cook I want to make it last more than one meal.  Mike picked up really wonderful fresh andouille from Kowalski's market, I did cheat and used cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp.  Since it was already cooked, I threw it in (thawed and drained, of course) after I turned the heat off on the pot and let it sit for 5 minutes, which was just right to warm it up, but not make it chewy.

The only thing that would have made the meal completely perfect would have been some fresh beignets and chicory coffee for dessert, but I didn't have THAT much time in my day!  If you find you have time some day and have a hankering for the fried dough, here is a recipe from the same site:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/new-orleans-beignets-50400000109955/

Bon Appetit !

1 comment:

  1. I've never made (or eaten!) Jambalaya, but this recipe has me curious. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails