Wednesday, February 8, 2012

recipe box Wednesday, and the winner is:

Using the Custom Random Number Generator, from mathgoodies.com, the winner of the Susan Branch cookbook is:

Number 2 !


Your sister is so sweet! I would love to have lunch with my grandma who passed away about 27 years ago. I didn't appreciate her wisdom and grace and would love to talk to her about some things I didn't understand then. It is very foggy here too - but everything is covered with hoarfrost - breathtaking!

Congratulations Ann!  Just email me (khpohl@gmail.com) with your address and I will pop it in the mail to you.

Today's recipe feels like one that Susan would have in her cookbook, and she would adorn the page so beautifully.  This is one of those recipes clipped from a magazine (I think it was either Family Circle or Woman's Day or Better Homes and Gardens) many years ago, and it has become a family favorite.  If I lined up all of the scones I made from this recipe over the years it may even stretch around the globe.  But then, I did not mathematically calculate that, I just like the idea....

Easy Drop Scones are a little moister than a traditional English scone, and they pack a lot of flavor.  While the recipe calls for dried and fresh cranberries, I have also made them with blueberries, cherries, and apricots.  The possibilities are endless!  And you can skip the white chocolate chips if you so choose, but I like the little pockets of sweetness they provide in contrast to the tart cranberries.  I use raw cane sugar to sprinkle the tops, regular sugar works fine in a pinch.  I love the ease of this recipe, just mix, drop and bake.  No rolling or scoring as in other scone recipes.  Bake up a batch and see if you like them as much as I do!

Go to my recipe pages for the printable page: https://sites.google.com/site/ohfercuterecipepages/easy-drop-scones

And thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy my friend Ann won! Her b-day was on Friday (the 10th). Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails