Friday, February 3, 2012

movie dreams



I finally had a chance to watch "Midnight in Paris", and I am still thinking about it.  I fell in love with it, and I think Owen Wilson did an amazing job.  Having a bit of art in my background, seeing Picasso, and Dali, Degas and Toulouse Lautrec just put me over the moon.  Marion Cotillard was luminescent, and Kathy Bates was ideal as Gertrude Stein.  Here is a trailer for the movie, but it doesn't show much of what I thought made the movie so good:

http://youtu.be/BYRWfS2s2v4

So that got me to thinking, if you were magically transported to another time, and had a chance to meet (or dance with!) someone from the past, who would it be?

I have lots of ideas, one of the first people I would like to visit with would be Mary Cassatt.  I adored her paintings, posters of them papered my dorm room in college.  I would ask her about the influence of Paris on her painting, and why she focused on women and children in most of her art, and how she really preferred not to be labeled as part of the Impressionist movement.  She was very independent for her time, and it would be so interesting to have a cup of tea with her in Paris.

Five O'Clock Tea by Mary Cassatt

This may have to a running thread in my blog over the next few weeks, I have many people from history I would love to spend time with!

So I leave you with this question for the weekend-if you were transported in time, when and where would it be and who would you want to see?

1 comment:

  1. I also enjoy Mary Cassett's art! In fact, I have a couple of magnets of her paintings on my fridge.

    I would like to watch Midnight in Paris, thanks for the tip.

    It might be nice to have tea with Jane Austin...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails