Monday, March 1, 2010

olympic top ten

It's over, and now it's back to regular programming at night.

Here's what I loved, how about you?

10.  Laughing at some of the interpretations of the Folk/Country theme in Ice Dancing.  Who ever thought we would see a back tattoo with cowboy boots as part of a costume on ice?

9. Wincing as the bobsleds tipped over on the 50/50, and watching the riders just walk away.

8.  Smiling as Shaun White performed his Double McTwist 1260 (even though he already had the gold in the bag).

7. Watching open mouthed as the skiiers whipped down the slalom course.

6.  Curling my toes as Evan performed all of his jumps, knowing he didn't need a quad to beat the Russian if he did everything else perfectly.

5.  Yawning every time Apolo did.  I think I loved watching him perform the most of any athlete.

4.  Crying as Joannie performed each skate, trying to imagine how she could possibly keep going.

3.  Watching the Canadian curlers in their gold medal rounds, tyring to figure out what shot they would throw next.

2.  Loving how the Canadian athletes nearly always sang their national anthem (often with gusto, as the Canadian Ice Dancing pair did), and how I didn't see a single American sing when they won the gold.  What's up with that?

1. My favorite moment?  The perfect, magical minutes when Kim Yu Na skated absolutely beautifully, and perfectly, even with the incredible weight of her entire country on her young shoulders.

NBC did a great job, and I am sad it's all over.  And who else wants to send P & G a thank you note for their fabulous 'Thank You Mom" commericals?  Tears in my eyes, lump in my throat every single time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo0ejBHp8UI

1 comment:

  1. This was fun to read! I loved the opening and closing ceremonies too. Also sad it's over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails