Thursday, March 18, 2010

finding time

Last week I was whining about the gloomy weather.

And Monday it was sixty degrees, and sunny, and virtually all of the snow went away.  I went for a big walk, and when I got home I had FIVE NEW MAGAZINES in the mail.  Which alone is enough to make me really happy.  The cover of Real Simple said "More Time For You".

I took that as an order.  I abandoned my desk covered with work and the laundry waiting for me in the basement.  I pulled a canvas chair from the garage and poured myself a glass of iced tea.  I positioned it all in the sunniest corner of my back yard, pulled off my wool socks, and soaked up the sunshine for nearly two hours.

I must be growing up, because I hardly felt guilty at all.

My toes hadn't felt the sunshine since September.  Oh, they were so happy.  I even got a little sunburn, and it felt great.  (yes, I DID put on sunscreen...)

I took a little tour of the garden, and found these hopeful signs:

The fall blooming asters are already peaking out of the ground:

I can't remember, I think this is bellflower?

And look at the lovage, pushing through the ice and snow.

Oh, spring is definitely on the way.  And with it, a gentle reminder to all of you to find some moments in the day, just for you.  The laundry will wait.

2 comments:

  1. Great advice and I'm so glad you took it! Thanks for the shots of the shoots coming out of the ground. I love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so much smarter than I. I also received that magazine yesterday and told it to "bite me" as I threw in on my 2 foot stack of other unread magazines. Those bastards talking to me like that and all.
    xoxo,t

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails