Thursday, March 11, 2010

insomnia read

This the book I started this morning at 4:30- "The Night Counter" by Alia Yunis:


Mike's aunt told me about it (thanks Mary!) and it is wonderful so far.  Fatima with the purple hair tells stories of her life in Lebanon to Scheherazade each night, while her ten Arab American children live their lives.  You can read more here:

http://www.aliayunis.com/


Perfect predawn rainy March reading, it is one of those books I would like to abandon everything for today and just read it straight through.  It has been a while since I have found a book like that.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a super read. I was up at 5 a.m. reading as well. We should have had coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds quirky and very interesting. Did you abandon everything and read it straight through? Some days are meant for that...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails