Monday, February 8, 2010

football is in the air

I am not a fan.  I used to be a fan, other than fishing, it was the one thing I shared with my dad.  We would sit in the living room on Sundays in the wintertime and cheer on the Vikings.  We were die hard fans, I knew everything there was to know about the game.  We yelled when they fumbled, cheered when they made an amazing play, were depressed for days when they inevitably lost the big one.  I reached the point where I couldn't take the heartache anymore, and I quit watching.

That, and I went away to college, and my boyfriend was not a football fanatic.  Sure, we would go to an occasional Fighting Sioux Game, more for the tradition and the post game parties, than anything else.  We would gather to watch the Superbowl (again, more for the fun than the football).

Now, the Superbowl is all about the commercials.  ( I wanted to put a link to my favorites, the ETrade baby commercials, but technical issues made me crabby...)

And last year, of course, seeing our very favorite artist of all time perform during half time. 

So this year we recorded the game, and some time next week we will fast forward through the game, and just watch the commercials.  If only A.C.E.S. could afford one of those 30 second spots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails