Wednesday, December 23, 2009

recipe box Wednesday

Today I depart from the old wooden recipe box to share with you my

favorite new cookie recipe.  Since Christmas is all about cookies, I wanted

to share the love : )  My dear friend Tracy shared some of these with us

earlier this week, and I can't even tell you how unbelievably good these are


-make them as soon as you can!

Ricotta Cheese Cookies

4 c. flour

2 Tbsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

Whisk together and reserve.  In a large bowl, beat:

2 c. sugar

2 stcks unsalted butter, at room temp.

Beat until creamy, about 5 minutes.  Reduce power, and add:

15 oz. full fat ricotta cheese

2 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs at room temperature

Beat until well combined.  Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture,

mixing just until dough forms.  Drop by level tablespoons about 2" apart

onto parchment lined cookie sheets.  Bake until very lightly golden, about

15 minutes.  Cool 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.  Cool completely.

Icing:

1 1/2 c powdered sugar

3 Tbsp. half and half

Whisk together until smooth, add more cream or more sugar as needed to

get desired consistency.  Spread on cookies, top with colored sugar if

desired.  Allow icing to set one hour.

When I make these, I am going to drizzle the tops of some of them

with dark chocolate or sprinkle them with toasted sliced almonds

(or both!)   mmmmmmm

My thanks to Tracy's sister Toni for sharing the recipe!

4 comments:

  1. yum- please make me some.
    xoxo,t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now...if only Toni would have helped me frost some!!!!! Enjoy these fun cookies with a good cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, they sound really good. I have a recipe called Philly Chippers that use cream cheese... I think they are my all time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo... this recipe sounds yummy. One of my favorite cookies are Philly Chippers from my friend Ann, which uses cream cheese. Dee-lish. This recipe reminds me of hers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails