Thursday, June 4, 2009

book stack-summer version

Between the sale at Half Price Books and some really great rummage sales, I have a dandy stack of books to choose from this summer. Here is what is on the top of the pile-let me know if you have read any of them, and give me your reviews!

"Trying to Save Piggy Sneed" short works by John Irving (I know this one will be a winner, I adore everything he writes).

"Enemy Women" by Paulette Jiles- takes place during the Civil War.

"Beneath a Silent Moon" by Tracy Grant-intrigue in London in 1817.

"The Family Orchard" by Nomi Eve -history of a Jewish family beginning in Palestine in 1837.

"The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares-definitely a light beach book.

"Reading Lolita in Tehran" by Azar Nafisi-I've been meaning to read it for a while....

"Gravesend Light" by David Payne-takes place on the Outer Banks, a good summer setting.

"The Sunday Philosophy Club" by Alexander McCall Smith-the start of a new mystery series.

"The Funeral Makers" by Cathie Pelletier-on loan from my friend Nancy, can't wait to start it!

The best part? This whole stack of books cost me less than $10. Seriously. This pile should get me through at least July....let me know if there are any you want to borrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails