Wednesday, May 6, 2009

excellence

I have had the good fortune to visit Mayo Clinic for the last two Tuesdays.

As many of you know, I have been struggling with chronic back pain for nearly two years, and have tried chiropractic, physical thereapy, steroid injections, acupuncture, and good old vicodin. I have been longing for a day when I can take a good long walk, or ride my bike, or just haul in my own groceries.

My chiropractor felt I needed to head to Mayo, since I had already been to the best ortho in the cities, and had tried everything else. Unfortunately, he was not able to refer me there-due to insurace purposes I needed to be refered by my primary care doc. Who was reluctant to do so. They finally agreed, but my referrals were being denied-a long story.

Luckily, my brother-in-law had a friend in high school who just happens to be a physician in the Mayo Spine Center, he reviewed my case, and I got in! It only took four months.

Mayo is truly the finest medical establishment in the WORLD. No wonder everyone wants to go there.

Everything there just works. From the admissions desk, to the MRI facility, to the radiology department, you really are dealing with the very best. The facilities are just beautiful, with amazing art throughout. They even offer art tours in the afternoons! Everything is impeccably maintained, both inside and out, and the architectural features of all of the buildings are breathtaking.

A big thank you to Bob, for knowing people, and getting me where I needed to be. I am one lucky girl. Now just keep your fingers crossed for me that the procedure I had will leave me pain free! We will know in a week or so if that happens.

And thanks to all of you who wished me well (and to Tracy and Mike for taking care of Charlie). I have the world's greatest friends. Kind of like the Mayo of friends.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo sorry to hear of your back issues! That's no fun. I hope this procedure helps you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails