Oh boy. Mike and Charlie are leaving tomorrow for Chicago, and won't be back until Monday night. And I am not.
That means I will have four days. Four days. Four days all to myself!
The last time they left for more than a weekend was in July of 2006-and I used those free days to strip two layers of wallpaper, repair the walls, and paint in Charlie's room-in 90 degree heat.
This time around? I have so many things I want to work on! It is too dang cold to head out for shopping or lunching-so here is what I am going to work on:
1. Refacing my clock. I have a round clock in our living room, that no longer fits my new color scheme. So I found some scrapbook paper, and metal numbers, and new clock hands. New clock for less than $5.
2. Making cards. I love to make cards this time of year to stock up for the year ahead. You can save a fortune by making your own cards. Unless, of course, you buy more supplies than you could ever use in your lifetime. Now who would do something like that?
3. Socks. I am very nearly done with my very first sock-at this rate I may have a full pair by Mother's Day. But it's a good thing to do while watching TV.
4. Speaking of TV, I have stocked up on things to watch: The Gift (a movie I had not heard of with Cate Blanchett), The Inspector Lynley mysteries, and a few episodes of Six Feet Under. Or I could just watch Food Network all weekend...
5. Valentines. It's just around the corner-so I better figure out what I will be creating this year. I LOVE Valentine's Day!
6. 2009 Calendar. I got the most perfect calendar for this year at my local scrapbook shop-it is from SEI and I adore the colors. It has the main page for each month nearly ready to go, you just fill in the photos you want to use. It gives you a nice headstart, but allows for lots of creativity.
7. Books. I need to finish the whole vampire saga. I have no idea why I am attracted to these books. When I first started with Twilight, I wasn't that into it, yet I could not stop. And now that I am nearly done with the third one, I find them impossible to put down. Go figure.
8. Sewing. I have that awesome stash of Amy Butler fabric and patterns that I got this summer, that I have yet to do anything with. May need to tackle it.
And before you know it, they will be home and life will be back to normal. And no matter how nice my long weekend will be, I will miss them.