Wednesday, January 28, 2009

banishing gloom

Apparently I am feeling the need to keep everyone's spirits lifted, in what can be a gloomy, depressing time of year here in the northland.

I lifted the following that I got in an email from my very favorite store in Chicago, called POSH. They travel the world and get interesting finds at flea markets from Argentina to France. Dishes, glassware, unique gifts, all kinds of fun things. Here is their website, if you wish to check them out further. I often order on-line from them, they are very speedy! www.poshchicago.com

Anyhoo-they send out an occasional newsletter, and this was the beginning of the most recent one:

Another fresh year is here...
another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear;
to love and laugh and give!
~William Arthur Ward

Here we are once again - poised together at the start of another twelve month journey. The calendar, like a blank canvas, is waiting for us to make our mark. To add first one stroke, then another and then another until - with care, thoughtfulness and grace - we've created a most beautiful 365 days.


And to that end, I hereby pledge to do what I can to inspire all of you to live the next year in the same way.

Today's assignment will be simple. Smile and say hello to a stranger-whether you are walking down the sidewalk, waiting in line at the grocery store, or picking up a child from school. Even if they don't smile back, I promise you will feel just a little warmer inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails