Monday, August 11, 2008

grilling is grand

Mike just completed his last enduro of the season over the weekend! Luckily, Charlie and I were fortunate enough to spend the weekend at the Chase cabin near Cumberland, Wisconsin, courtesy of Kari and Riley.

Do I have lovely photos of the still-as-glass water in the morning, with the silver maples reflecting in the water? Are there pictures of the gorgeous sunset as viewed from the end of the dock? Did I capture the hummingbirds visiting the feeder? Or the smiling boys diving in the sparkling clear water at the beach?


Nope.


But I do have some fab pictures of the amazing Grilled Pizzas that Miss Kari, mistress of the Grill created on Saturday night. Oh baby.
This one was topped with pears, grated Manchego, and walnuts. Are you drooling yet?

The other one was topped with fresh mozzarella, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh basil. Now I know you are drooling.

Grilled pizzas cook really fast, and you have to be very coordinated (which is why Kari handled all of it). So it is important to drink the wine AFTER they are done....Please make note of my new very favorite red wine.

I wish I had the words to describe how good they were. And that was just our appetizer....

Thanks Kari and Riley, for a gastronomically amazing weekend!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails