Friday, December 2, 2011

turkey day remembered

Was it really just a week ago that the holiday madness began?  That yummy turkey dinner seems far more than a week ago, what happens to the passage of time in December?

Here we are, enjoying our meal (the desserts are on the table to remind us to leave room....):
Here is the food:
And yes, Mike is growing his beard for the winter, here he is in profile enjoying a piece of lefse.  We really love lefse.  Maybe someday I will make my own, but for now Mrs. Olson's from Gonvick fills the bill.
The leftovers have been tossed, and I made a huge batch of stock from the carcass.  Moving on to December.

What will you do this first December weekend?

3 comments:

  1. We make lefse for Christmas every year. Well, my mom makes it. I need to learn soon! Tomorrow is a big "Shop At Home" day in our neighborhood. I'll be out and about looking at crafts and sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't see Charlie as much as we used to - gosh does he grow by the minute?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful! So nice to see a glimpse of your Thanksgiving meal. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails