Wednesday, October 28, 2009

recipe box Wednesday


Today's treasure, pulled from the old wooden recipe box I found at a garage sale this summer, is for Million Dollar Cookies. The name intrigued me, and I wanted to find out how it received such a title. This brought me to this website:



which I plan to read when I have a little more time. It is the History of Cookies, and I LOVED it! I still didn't find the answer to my question, but someday, with a little more research time available to me, I will.


In the meantime, enjoy! And as always, if you try them out, let me know.


MILLION DOLLAR COOKIES


(the first line on the recipe card says DO NOT USE BUTTER, so you would be advised to heed this warning....)

1 c. vegetable shortening (I would use butter flavored Crisco)

1 c. white sugar

1/2 c. brown sugar

1 egg

1/2 tsp. salt (scant)

2 c. flour

1 tsp. cream of tartar

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp almond extract

1/2 tsp. vanilla

Cream the shortening and sugars, mix in egg. Sift together dry ingredients and work into sugar mixture. Add flavorings. Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheets and press thin with bottom of a glass which has been dipped in sugar. Bake in 350 oven for 10 minutes until light brown.


Oh, these sound moaningly good. I love the combo of vanilla and almond together. I might just have to whip these up in the days to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails