Tuesday, October 27, 2009

autumn walk

We finally saw a hint of sun yesterday, Mike and I grabbed our new camera and headed out for a walk. It was beautiful. And then I happened across this in my "Autumn" cookbook by one of my very favorite authors and illustrators, Susan Branch. Enjoy!
"There is something in the autumn
that is native to my blood-
touch of manner, hint of mood;

And my heart is like a rhyme,

With the yellow and the purple and

the crimson keeping time.

The scarlet of the maples can shake

me like a cry

of bugles going by.

And my lonely spirit thrills

to see the frosty asters like a

smoke upon the hills.

There is something in October

sets the gypsy blood astir;

We must rise and follow her,

when from every hill of flame

She calls and calls

each vagabond by name."

Bliss Carman

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. These colors are so beautiful I want to cry. We haven't had anything this spectacular here, and now all the leaves are dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. It's ugly here and we may not even get color this year. :o(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails