Thursday, April 30, 2009

nice try

I got out of the shower this morning, and Charlie was on the couch, with that look on his face. You know the one, the "I'm not going to school today" look.

I asked him what was up, he clutched his stomach and said he wasn't feeling well. Hmmmmm....you were fine when you went to bed last night.

"No, mom, really! I have a stomach ache, and they said on the news that if you don't feel well you have to stay home!"

"Charlie, you don't have the swine flu, you have the I-don't-want-to-go-to-school flu. NOT the same thing."

It is actually a common illness, when those first bright days of spring hit, I am guessing there are many kids who would love to stay home-near pandemic proportions. I believe it's called spring fever?

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Mom. Way to call it. You have to stay one step ahead of 'em. They are very smart. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails