Wednesday, April 8, 2009

dental fun

Charlie had his check-up and cleaning yesterday (gee Kristi, thanks for sharing every intimate detail of your boring life...) but I had to blog about it today, as it gave me pause to realize how life often comes back, full circle.

What the heck am I talking about?

Okay-work with me. When I was a little girl, I LOVED going to the dentist. Our family dentist, Dr. Bengston, was a kindly older gentleman who truly was gentle. He always had a big smile behind his glasses, and would rest his hand on my arm after giving me gas and ask "is your tummy on the merry go round yet?" I loved picking through the treasure chest for a glittery ring after getting my cavities filled, and that lingering feeling of calmness would last all the way home.

Okay, I know it was because of the gas, but still.

His receptionist was also the woman who owned and ran the popcorn wagon in downtown Bemidji during the summer months. Hey....she was kind of driving business to her boss! But I digress, as I never broke a tooth on a piece of her popcorn.

I have been going through some physical stuff for some time now, and really need to get my back in working order. I have been trying to get into Mayo, on my chiropractor's recommendation, and it has been a long, frustrating process dealing with my primary clinic to get the help I need. But thanks to a connection my brother-in-law has to a high school chum, I am finally going to be seen down there at the end of this month. Huzzah!

And what does that have to do with going to the dentist?

The physician I am going to see is the son of the dentist I had when I was a little girl.

Rather serendipitous, isn't it? Wonder if he has a treasure chest in his office...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails