Wednesday, July 9, 2008

oh happy day !

for many reasons:

1. Claude got his cast off today! It was exactly 8 weeks ago today that he got his first one, and I for one, will be really happy not to have to go to the vet every week. His kidney infection is getting under control, so I only have to give him shots for another week, then we can change his thyroid meds too. He doesn't have to go back to the vet until the end of September! He has been limping around the house all day, his leg looks like you might imagine it would after spending 8 weeks completely in a cast-ewww. But he seems really happy, and purrs all the time.

I am so grateful to those who take up the veterinarian profession. They literally saved his life.

2. Mike and Charlie left for four days of fun at Cub Scout camp at Camp Navajo in Wisconsin! They will shoot bb guns, and go canoeing, and swimming, and have campfires, and shoot bows and arrows, and sleep in canvas tents. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that they don't get any bad weather.

3. My sister and my mom arrive tomorrow for an all-girls weekend. Lots of shopping, and laughing, and not doing anything important. We will celebrate my mom's 66th birthday on Saturday with a fabulous cake from La Patisserie (if you haven't been, you are missing out!) We may even do a day drive to Wisconsin to buy cheese and go antiquing. No boys allowed.

4. Due to number 3, my house has not been this clean in months. I can feel how happy it is.

So life is pretty darn good. I won't be near the computer to do any posting until Monday. I hope all of you are enjoying your summer too!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails