Tuesday, May 3, 2011

selling the goods




A couple of weeks ago I schlepped all my goodies to the Carlson Towers.  It was SNOWING, and traffic was horrendous, but I finally made my way to the loading dock.  I made friends with Earl, as soon as possible.  He was a kindly older gentleman who had worked in the building for years, and helped me find my way through the labyrinth of tunnels to the Rotunda.  He even got me a cart and unloaded my car for me!  Above and beyond the call of duty.  I only wish I had thought to have my camera with me so I could have snapped his photo.  I was more concerned with having enough change and bags.


The Rotunda of the Carlson Towers is extremely beautiful.  Full of marble and flooded with light from the enormous windows.  When I arrived to set up someone was playing a grand piano up on the second floor.  The fountain was sparkling, very classy!


I set things up in time to explore the other vendor's tables, and settled in for a day of selling!  Mike stopped by to take some pictures, since I wasn't smart enough to remember my camera.


I met some amazing people, the women to the left of me were selling candy, and giving out free samples all day.  I resisted until the end of the day, thank goodness.  They make all of their fudge, caramel, and toffee on antique candy equipment that has been in their family for generations.  You can find out more about them at http://www.sweetpromotionsmn.com/.

Melissa makes all natural crayons.  She is delightful and has a sweet Etsy shop, check it out!  I bought her bunny crayons to give for Easter gifts. http://www.etsy.com/shop/earthgrowncrayons?ref=seller_info

Happy Spring BUNNY SOY CRAYONS - Handmade, All Natural, Biodegradable (Set of 8)
Jennifer lives in West St. Paul, she found me on-line before the show.  We connected and I ADORE her handmade books.  She has a lovely smile, and I look forward to seeing her again.  Check out her Etsy shop here:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/jenniferinspired?ref=seller_info
Handmade Daily Planner with Amy Butler Laminated Cotton Cover

Erin is a fellow jewelry artist, I ordered a couple of pieces from her.  She has a gallery in Excelsior, and also an Etsy shop here:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/ekate?ref=pr_shop_more

Local is Lovely Necklace with Vintage Maps

Of course I ordered St. Paul, and Bemidji.  Too fun!

A woman I went to grade school with came to shop.  She had heard about my things through my cousin Shelly. What a neat surprise.  Hi Holly!

Deb Maki came to shop too, she is part of our dirt bike family.  So good to see hear, we started planning Mike's big surprise that day.  Hi Deb!

And dear Paula, the woman who hosted the boutique I participated in last fall, came by too, and even brought me coffee!  What a treat to connect with her again.  Hi Paula!

I had some wonderful customers, sold all kind of things, and was happy to be there.  We donated 10% of our proceeds to the Children's Cancer Research Fund.

And sweet Earl came by and hauled all of my things to my car for me.  I felt like a very lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to hear that Holly stopped by and bought a bracelet! What a small world! Looks like a very fun day and lovely atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails