Thursday, September 23, 2010

creative diary, day four

One week ago today at this time I was pretending I knew how to paint.

I can't believe it has been a week since Tracy and I attended the Creative Connection event.  I don't feel I have still fully recovered from the huge influx of inspiration. 

So many things can happen when creative women get together.  At lunch on Thursday, Tracy and I scouted a place to sit.  We wanted to be close to the front, so we could have a good spot to watch Ree when she spoke.  We found a table in the front row, where there were still some spots left.  Introductions were made around the table, we found a couple of local women as well as some who had traveled from Utah.  Turns out the Utah girls were the famous DIY Dish girls, and happened to be silver sponsors of the event. Check them out here:  http://www.thediydish.com/

Alyssa lives in Richfield, this is her adorable Etsy shop.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/penguinandfish

Paula lives in Wayzata, and can create absolutley anything.  (I know, I have seen her studio, and she is amazing).

And on Tuesday night, I was sitting on Paula's lovely deck at her home in Wayzata, with Alyssa beside me, planning a holiday boutique!  It will be held November 20th, with a special wine and cheese preview night on Friday night.  I promise to give you all the details as they become available, both on my blog, and here:  http://www.2shortofadozen.blogspot.com/.

Paula has carefully selected nine of us to participate, it will be a really fun mix of things to buy for yourself or for holiday gifts!

Talk about making a Creative Connection....

2 comments:

  1. Wow...what a fantastic contact. You are going to be one busy gal getting ready for the show.
    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails