Monday, July 12, 2010

farm fresh Monday

Today starts a week long journey into the joys of the local farmer's market.  Here in the cities, you can find a market almost every single day of the week, and this time of year the bounty is tremendous. 

We start this week with a lovely bunch of Fingerling Potatoes.  I usually use red potatoes in this dish, but when I spied these I had to have them.  This is one of my favorite go-to recipes in the summer, when all I have do is pull the fresh herbs from my garden, boil up the potatoes, and toss them with the simple dressing.  It is best made about 30 minutes before you want to eat it, and do so at room temperature.  Great with burgers, or fish, or chicken, or pork....or if you want to go total vegetarian make some more veggies to join the party.

Tuscan Potato Salad

6 medium potatoes, cooked and cut into thick slices or quarters  (if using tiny potaotes, adjust quantity accordingly)
2 Tbsp. good fruity olive oil
1 Tbsp. balsamic
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender, drain.  Combine all the remaining ingredients, then toss lightly with potatoes.  Let it rest at room temp for 30 minutes to blend flavors.

Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. So far, I'm lovin' these farmer's market posts! I will have to look more closely at the recipes when I get back. We are leaving for Saskatoon for a week. It's hard to leave my yard this time of year, but we always have a great time visiting Derrick's rellies. Talk to you when I get home...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails