Tuesday, April 6, 2010

a few of my favorite things

You know the ones.  The products or things that bring a smile to your face when you reach for them.  Here are some of the things making me happy today:


Burt's Bees Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo and Conditioner


While I am usually an Aveda girl, I tried this after reading about it in a magazine, and it's great for my fine, dry hair. It is now in regular rotation, available at Target.  I also own about seventeen of their lip balms, love the mint in them.  And their lemon cuticle cream is a delight.

(Don't worry Kim, I am still an Aveda girl too!)
Ranunculus

I picked some up for my mom and sis the last time I headed up north, and have now planted some in my window boxes along with pansies.  Love their full heads and wild stems!  They are like a rose's wild cousin-exuberant and flashy.




Caldrea Citron Ginger Kitchen Candle

Since the Easter bunny doesn't visit me, I treated myself.  LOVE IT, and some of the Caldrea line is now available at Target as of April 1st.  It's a full 8 oz. in a glass jar with a metal lid, for only $9.99.   They also have hand balm, kitchen soap, and other fun things-look for the endcap in the housewares section.  Hurrah!


Yes to Carrots Mud Mask

Made just for dry and sensitive skin-I smear it on and have a cup of coffee before jumping in the shower, my face emerges smooth as a baby's bum.  Target carries a smattering of this line, I also am a fan of their Lip Tint-C Me Blush. 

City Kid Java-Highlander Grog  Coffee

An occasional departure from my Starbucks Vienna Roast, I am actually helping someone out when I buy it.  Available at my local Target, natch.  To lighten my coffee, I have finally kicked the half and half habit, and enjoy Blue Diamond Almond Breeze almond milk in my coffee.  Better for my thighs, and better for my tummy!



Body and Soul Magazine

A part of the Martha Stewart conglomerate, I recceived a free copy and fell in love.  It's a great read, and healthy motivator.  I bought a year's subscription for only ten bucks.  That's less than a dollar an issue!





Pacifica Scent and Candles-  Tuscan Blood Orange

I found this on sale at the Sephora web-site.  And now I am addicted.  My sis bought a whole collection of their solid perfumes in little tins-heavenly!  All of the scents are available in candles too.  Not overpowering, just fresh and light.  The Mediteranean Fig is pretty dandy too.



Blossom Dearie

My brother-in-law Bob made this CD for me many years ago, with some of her best songs.  For some reason I turn to it in the spring, her light and fresh voice just fits the season.  If you have never listened to her, try a sample on Itunes.  I have been rewinding 'They Say It's Spring". 





What are some of YOUR favorite things right now?

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! I will have to try some of this stuff. The carrot mask sounds interesting as does the Caldrea candle and the body + soul magazine. Actually, everything does! Also.... I love love love the new layout of your blog. So springy. So laid back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails