Wednesday, November 11, 2009

recipe box Wednesday

This week's treasure pulled from the Recipe Box will give you a jump start on holiday baking! (I always find it important to try out at least 2 or 3 batches of a new recipe before I feel it fit for holiday giving, especially when there is rum involved...)

Rum Balls
1 c. crushed vanilla wafers

1 c. powdered sugar

2 Tbsp. cocoa

1/2 Tbsp. Karo syrup

1/4 c. rum or bourbon

Mix all together, form into balls and shake in powdered sugar.

Now what could be easier than that? Let me know if you give them a try!

In more food news, I just mixed up my first batch of dough from this book:
and will be reviewing the results once I bake up my first loaf. Is there anything better than the smell of baking bread?
Also in food news, look for my review of this cookbook: (which just hit #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list, how AMAZING is that?) in the next few days. It's a winner, and you definitely need to add it to your cookbook collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails