* She is an incredible day-care provider, all of the children who have come through her doors are so lucky to have had her in their lives-teaching, caring, and nurturing them.
* She is an amazing mom to three great kids, who won't realize what a wonderful job she did raising them until they are parents themselves.
* She is a loving wife to her hubby of nearly 26 years, together they make a great team for life's journey.
* She is a wonderful sister/niece/aunt/daughter-in-law, and her extended family is fortunate to have such a treasure.
* She is a fun loving Italian, who makes sure you are never hungry when you are at her home.
But to me, she is first and foremost an amazing friend. She can laugh with you, and cry with you, and help you with anything life has to throw at you. She is the friend who will medicate your cat, and water your flowers, while you are off enjoying a vacation. She is the friend who delivers lunch when you are crazy busy in December, and knows you have no time to cook. She is the friend who will help out with your son, when you need a place for him to go. She is the one who knows when you are having a bad day, and delivers a smile and a treat to help you through it. She is the one who would come and clean your whole house, at the drop of a hat. She can help you see situations for what they really are, without judgment, and her clear thinking is one of her best gifts to me (along with all of those fun cards she sends my way).
If I could, I would throw her an Oprah-worthy, lavish birthday celebration, but that is not who she is, and she would not enjoy it. Instead we will go out tonight for a sumptious dinner, and perhaps stop in some of her favorite shops, and enjoy this lovely day, made to celebrate the occcasion of her arrival in this world.
Happy Birthday, dear friend!