Friday, December 5, 2008

wild about Harry

Swooning.

I don't know that people use that word very often anymore. But I really like it. It fits perfectly.

I will be swooning on Tuesday evening. My sweet hubby got us tickets to see Harry Connick Jr. at the State Theater. Is it okay to swoon in front of your husband?

I think so. He knows that Harry is happily married to former Victoria's Secret model Jill Goodacre, and has been for 14 years, and they have three adorable daughters. And he knows that I would never leave him for Harry, even if I had the chance. I don't think...

Hey, I bet Harry can't build flight simulators. But I did read in his bio (clearly obsessed when you take the time to read a musician's bio) that he does hold a US patent for something he invented. Very multi-talented.

I have been swooning over Harry for years. I wore out my cassette tape of music from "When Harry Met Sally". I have ALL of his cd's, even the obscure ones. I have seen "Hope Floats" more times than I care to admit to.

And did you see him sing the other night when they lit the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center? The only performer who even came close to matching him was Tony Bennett. sigh.

So I will be spending the next few days eagerly anticipating the concert, and playing his new Christmas cd. Here's a link to his fan site, make sure to watch the video of yesterday's performance on the Today Show:

http://www.connick.com/home

Swooning, I tell ya...

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to wear something sexy. Have tons of fun on your night out! Jed is looking forward to Charlie-sitting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails