Thursday, December 4, 2008

time flies, part VIII

It really hit home for me, how fast Charlie is growing, with the holidays approaching.

The elf reappeared, as he does every year, the day after Thanksgiving. He moves to different places in the house to keep on eye on Charlie, and report back to Santa( or ride Mike's model motorcycles while we are all sleeping).

Charlie isn't buying it anymore. There goes that wonderful behavior modification tool.

He even pointed out the tag on the elf's butt "made in China", and rolled his eyes at me, and said "Yeah, right mom."

Okay, I knew I was pushing it this year. But you can't blame me for trying.

He has no interest in helping make cookies. (Yes mom, I used to let him sit on the dining room table to decorate cookies...)

He didn't ask for any Legos, and has lost all interest in Playmobil.

He just wants Itunes gift cards so he can download more hip hop songs. (now I know how those parents felt, years ago, when their kids were listening to that crazy singer named Elvis Presley....)

He likes to be in his room with the door shut, listening to KDWB. What happened to dancing around the living room with me to our favorite Christmas songs?

But I bet he would still help Mike build a model-maybe I will pick one up for them to work on over Christmas break.

He did help me decorate the tree the other night, while we watched "Elf". So all hope is not lost. But for sure he won't fit in my lap anymore, as he did just five short years ago.... (clearly this photo never made the cut for our holiday picture, it was clearly taken on Christmas Eve, after a long season of retail).

4 comments:

  1. sob, sob....my word they grow too fast! Maybe you can convince Claude to bake with you...OR I have a 3 year old that you can take for a few hours...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember this post. So sweet. How things have even changed now in the last 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for linking up your post in the blog carnival - so very sweet. :) Nice to see your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooo, I do not want to hear that they stop enjoying dancing to Christmas music and believing elves exist. ;)

    On a side note, I love all the fun stuff on your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails