Thursday, January 19, 2012

gentle reminder update

This is usually the part of January when resolutions start to fall by the wayside.  Did you make resolutions?  How are you doing with them?

Personally, I think reminders are so much easier to work with.  I have been doing pretty well getting some walks in, and replacing my salty snacks with fruit.  The flossing reminder hasn't been going as well, but I will get there.  I have been trying out some new healthier recipes, last night we had a Salmon Corn Chowder that I made with the leftover giant hunk of salmon I cooked up for dinner the night before.  We have been eating more salads, and Charlie has asked for extra veggies or fruit in his lunchbox rather than a sweet ending.  Tonight I am trying a new chicken recipe, if we like it I will feature it next week in Recipe Box Wednesday.

I just think it is easier to change habits when you do it slowly, and easily, and incorporate them into everyday life.  And realize that it is okay to still have a treat now and then.


(image borrowed from the site- her blog, photography, and recipes are FAB!  I am a new follower!)

And did we have a treat last night!  I LOVE to bake, but I know we don't need those extra calories, so I don't do it very often.  But this link http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2012/01/toasted-marshmallow-hot-fudge-cake/ popped up in my inbox this week, and last night I just couldn't resist.

And yes, it was worth every single calorie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails