Friday, June 17, 2011

Lucky girl


Here is my adorable dad, 20 years old at the time. There he is with his Chevy, I think he had brought me out to my Grandma and Grandpa's home on the river, as he and my mom were going to a wedding. I don't think I wanted him to go!


Thanks for all the times you took me fishing, showed me how how to pick a duck and wrap venison, taught me the joys of gardening and how to correctly put lights on a Christmas tree.  Because of you I could change a tire, or my oil (if I had to).  I can appreciate a good neck soup, and I know there is not much better than the smell of homemade bread baking (unless of course it's an apple pie).  I have loved all of our adventures in the woods, whether it was hunting elusive morel mushrooms in the spring, looking for partridge through the leaves of fall, or trudging through the snow to cut pine boughs and pick bittersweet.  My mind is full of memories, my heart is full of love.



Happy Father's Day weekend dad, I wish I could be spending it with you, fishing.  I am pretty sure we would catch some blue racers!




And Happy Father's Day to my sweet hubby, here is the tribute I wrote to him for Father's Day in 2009, when he would be racing at Stone Lake, just like this year!  http://ohfercute.blogspot.com/2009/06/dear-mike.html


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. I hope your dad (and hubby too) had a lovely day. And that picture...precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails