Thursday, March 24, 2011

spring in the snow

We got six inches of wet goopy snow, after a day and night of rain.  My basement is already leaking, my sump pump was working while the snow came down.  Now it is so cold that our roads and sidewalks are a nightmare.  And to think I found a tulip coming up just a few days ago.

Choosing to ignore the view out my window, today I am focusing on preparing goodies for a show I am doing next week!

On Saturday, April 2nd I will be sharing a table with my friend Helen Yarmoska at Westonka Horticultural Day.  (full details here: http://www.westonkahort.org/horticulture-day-updated/ )

It is from 8 am to 4 pm at Mound Westonka High School.  There are all kinds of workshops to attend, from raising chickens in an urban setting, to learning about mushrooms, "Shady Plants", to Helen's workshop "Container Gardening with Vegetables".  There will be a Continental Breakfast, a Flowerpot Lunch, and I will be manning our table at the Resource Fair.  The vendor area is open to the public, you need to register to attend the workshops.

I will be selling button bracelets and necklaces with a flower and garden theme,


as well as floral vintage zipper pins.  And if I get to them, antique silverware plant markers and cards.  Helen will be selling honey (not only is she a Master Gardener, she is a beekeeper!), and garden 'recipes' with customized seed packets.

So good to have a fun, springy event to look forward to. Stop by and say hi if you can!

(and if you can't make it, you will have another chance to buy a broader range of my things at the Spring Boutique at the Carlson Center Rotunda on April 20 and 21 from 10 am to 2 pm-more details to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails