Sunday, September 2, 2012

A New Year !

Not really, but to me September has always felt more like the beginning of a new year than January has.


I am back and ready to share again-thanks to all of you who have been checking on me this summer, here is a lovely chrysanthemum for you!

A very quick back update:  My doctor and surgeon have figured out the medications I should take to reduce my back pain, and I had facet injections in July that have worked wonders.  As long as the injections help me, I won't need to have fusion surgery.  Huzzah!  I started physical therapy a couple of weeks ago with a handsome young therapist and I even made it to the fair (albeit for an abbreviated adventure this year).  There are still many things I have restrictions on, but I can move, and do things in small bits, so I am very happy!  Thanks to everyone for your well wishes throughout the summer.


The Fair buses have been rumbling by our house on the hour for ten days now, soon to be replaced by school buses on Tuesday.  Charlie has an uphill two block walk to his bus stop this year, I think on icy January days he may need to borrow my cleats!

He starts high school  (WHAT????) and will be attending Highland Park High School, he is more than excited and cannot wait for the first day.  They had freshman orientation last week and he was reunited with friends from his grade school days.  He is thrilled to be out of uniforms (me, not so much) and has decided not to pack a lunch until he sees "what everyone else does".  I have a feeling that may be a familiar theme this year.  I just hope he remembers to shave for that first day....

I am very excited to be 'back' and can't wait to share stories and recipes and photos with you.

(they really are non-stop begonias)

Happy September!

11 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So glad you are back. Seriously I've been sitting here hitting refresh daily for over 2 months. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for your loyalty! You could just follow me by email and save yourself some time...

      Love!

      Delete
  2. Ohmyword, you're BACK. Whew... that was a long wait. Like Tracy, I kept checking and checking and checking. Happy to hear your back pain is more manageable now and that you made it to the fair.

    Your begonia is BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear cousin! And as I suggested to Tracy, save yourself some time and follow me by email.

      Hugs!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I did just now! :o) Fun new feature to your blog.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! I'm glad you're feeling better and ready to blog. Fall is definitely a time of starting fresh. Huzzah!

    I can't believe our kids are starting high school! It's pretty crazy! My daughter has been waking up around 10:00 AM all summer. I think the 6:53 AM bus pick-up will be quite painful on Tuesday!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the early wake up is going to be brutal (for all of us!) I don't get why they start high school so early, when it is the teenagers who really need to start later.

      Looking forward to getting together with you soon!

      Delete
  4. Oh fer wonderful to read you here again! And how wonderful to know that you are doing better.

    Love and hugs, Aunt Mary;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sticking with me! Hugs right back to you.

      Delete
  5. So happy you're back & feeling better! I, too, have been regularly clicking on the bookmark for your blog. What a nice surprise to find a new post tonight. Our baby starts HS tomorrow as well. How did that happen so quickly?! Be good about your PT and limitations so you can continue progressing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, that is really good advice. It is really easy to want to overdo things once you start feeling good, so I am being careful (most of the time...)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails