Wednesday, September 12, 2012

silver bells

A quarter of a century ago, I took Mike's hand at the end of the aisle at St. Phillips church in Bemidji, and a few moments later we both said "I do."  I loved this picture, taken as we were leaving the church, holding hands. I think it absolutely exemplified the feeling of that entire magical day. (My grandmother was a little appalled, since this is the picture we sent to the paper.  Certainly not a typical wedding picture for that era!)



Mike took my hand as we got off of the airplane in Hawaii for our honeymoon, my first airplane ride.  He held my hand through the roller coaster years of infertility.  We held hands as we left the bank, having just signed the documents for the loan that would start our business.  He held my hand through hours of labor before our sweet Charlie was born. Through all of the ups and downs of life, he has always held my hand.

I can't begin to thank him for being my partner in life, hand in hand we head towards our next 25 years!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love the picture & the whole hand-holding thing....you have a special relationship! I'm sure you'll find a wonderful way of celebrating this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love that picture. And I love you guys. Happy Anniversary!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!! What a great photo! I love the way you write. here's to another 25 and beyond...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thought~ you both look so elegant in this photo (not to mention happy!) A perfect choice for the Pioneer in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! That photo is amazing! A perfect, happily just-married photo. And I love the image of holding hands through it all. Here's to the next 25 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Happy Anniversary! What a lovely photo. So happy for you and the many years you had and will have together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful. All of my love to the dearest of friends and most wonderful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh happy anniversary, you!

    Stunning photo, stunning love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails